Dedicated community co-ordinators in each Caravan Watch area will have a direct link to a local policing team. This allows us to share information about criminal, anti-social and suspicious behaviour in your area that will contribute to reducing crime and improving the quality of life in that area
The aims of the scheme are to:
- Increase the prevention and detection of caravan related crime
- Increase community engagement between caravan sites, the police and caravan owners
- Increase public confidence in the police and other involved agencies
Benefits of the scheme
- Free access to the Devon and Cornwall Alert (early information regarding crimes or suspicious behaviour)
- Advice on how to report suspicious activity
- Access to your local policing team and Caravan Watch co-ordinator
- Provision of regular caravan crime information in your area
- Information about security products that reduce thefts and increase the chance of offenders being caught
- Details on how to register your property and search for details of stolen property prior to buying equipment
- Signs and stickers for your caravan, sites and equipment showing that you are a member of a police supported initiative
Requirements of becoming a member
Caravan Watch is a free scheme, anyone from the caravan community can join but we request you to:
For more information about Caravan Watch contact your local policing team.
Keep your caravan and equipment safe and reduce the opportunity for criminals:
- Keep your caravan secure and remove items that can be removed, or secure them also.
- Marking your possessions and displaying the fact that you have taken such action will deter thieves. Take a look at our crime reduction information on our web site – devon-cornwall.police.uk
- Prepare and record a list of all identification numbers. Did you know you can record such information for free on immobilise.co.uk
- Keep keys separate and secure at all times.
- Use locks that are appropriate and recommended for caravans.
- Consider using a wheel lock.
- Register your details with the Devon and Cornwall Alert
- Join a ‘Caravan Watch’ scheme in your local area – contact the local Neighbourhood Team for details.